Ethanol from Trash?
I just wanted to post a couple I've items I've seen in the news in the last few days. First, I saw this article in Wired.
Now, this morning, I was reading my Post-Tribune and found this article about something very similar. Something worries me about this, is this another government boondoggle? It almost sounds too good to be true. We can get rid of our garbage at half the price of landfilling it and you get ethanol to boot? Sounds a little too good to be true.
On the topic of ethanol and biofuels, National Geographic has a published a good, balanced article in it's October issue.
Please don't take me as a non-biofuels supporter. I just think a little more thought needs to be put in what we decide to fuel our cars. Using our food and the food of the nations so we can get to work and drive to soccer practice does not seem right. We're making a good start at weening our selves from foreign oil. More research, however, needs to be done on such things as cellulosic ethanol and other biofuels. Maybe we should even work on using less...

0 comments:
Post a Comment